Monday, December 3

Though you are small....

Bethlehem.  Though you are small.  Out of you will come a ruler.  From ancient times.

If I had written history.  I certainly would have picked something bigger.  Something flashier.  Somewhere with huge crowds.  Pomp and circumstance. 

But not God.  He chose a humble town. A humble stable.  A humble Son “Who, being in very nature God,did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross!--
Phillippians 2:6-11.”

I am so thankful that I am not the one that wrote history.  God in His awesome plan used what was least expected.  And that gives me immense hope that he will be able to use me.   I am not some big important person.  I have not led a perfect life.  My past is stained with sin and flaws.  I still trip and fall and struggle sometimes.  But God loves that humble place in our heart.  He desires us to turn it over fully to Him.  To be used by Him.  For His purpose.  He covers us with His blood, so that He can use us for His mighty plans.  Though I am small.  Though I am flawed.  He covers my sin.  He removes my shame.  He creates in me a clean heart.  A light unto the world.   He has plans for us.  Plans He purposed for us before the foundation of the earth.
From ancient times.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails